US News & World Report Best Diets for 2014 provides their recommendations for diets to checkout this year and the list does not include some “popular” choices. The winners in the Best Diet Overall category were - 1. The DASH Diet; 2. TLC Diet; 3. Mediterranean Diet.
The Best Diets list is designed to help consumers choose a diet that will meet their needs and goals. The list provides the “best” recommendations in 7 categories besides the best overall. The rankings were done by a team of health experts who scored the diets for short and long-term weight loss, ease of compliance, safety and nutrition.
The popular Paleo diet tied for last place with the Dukan diet. You can see more results at http://health.usnews.com/best-diet
If you’re planning to start the New Year with a new diet, consider a few of these points.
· Look for a diet that includes all food groups
· Look for a diet that provides guidance on portions
· Make sure your physician approves of the diet if you have any medical conditions
· Remember to include activity in with your diet plan
· Consider using www.Choosemyplate.gov for well-balanced advice
For a personalized plan, contact a Registered Dietitian. You can find a Registered Dietitian in your area by visiting www.Eatright.org and clicking on Find A Dietitian.