One of the joys of Thanksgiving is the chance to spend time with family and friends. One of the challenges of Thanksgiving is that the occasion usually involves lots of food. There is Good News - you can enjoy the food without overdoing, if you follow a few simple tips.
* Don't starve all day in anticipation of the big meal, you will still end up eating more than you need due to hunger
* Space meals throughout the day about three to four hours apart and enjoy smaller portions each time
* Fill your plate with lots of vegetables, whole grains and lean turkey slices and then add the higher calorie foods.
* Eat slowly. Savor the Flavor and Enjoy the company
* Monitor your alcohol intake since alcohol can cause you to overeat
Finally, remember to enjoy the reason for the day by taking time to really visit with family and friends. In the end this will help you control eating and help you feel better.